4Three
(Post Master Sr)
03/05/13 08:58 PM
copping a feel?

I'm probably one of the last ones here who's never owned a car with 200+hp. Infact, I think all my cars have listed at 140hp or less. That's never been a big concern, since I've always preferred to wring out a small motor, and it's never kept me from taking these things to the track. But for the last 5 years, I've been driving sedans (g20, 09 civic) cause i'm playing the part of a 'responsible parent' and really it's been A to B utility, boring. Tonight I finally join the 200hp club and can once again enjoy the driving experience.

Picked up a FRS. Not since my miata days have I felt this giant grin on my face. Just the way the car wraps around you, the clunkiness of the shifter, the noise of the car, the responsiveness ... I'm like a pig in shit. And I don't care that people say it's under powered. It feels like plenty to me. And on those skinny little tires, it's more than enough to kick them loose. I wasn't even trying and the back end stepped out. If people are getting these for their snotty nose kids, we'll probably see a lot of them at the junkers. Just enough room to fit the kids in the back if I need to. I feel whole again. Just wanted to share.

I'm sure someone will ask, why not BRZ or why not wait for the convertible. BRZ has a long wait, and higher price tag. This also had a long 4 month wait but I managed to catch an incoming shipment and just waited about 10 days (would been less if it weren't for the snow storm). As for the convertible, I've had 2 miatas, and I love putting the top down, but this car just looks better as a coupe.

This silly car has a speedo that goes up to 260kph ... i don't think you'd hit that speed throwing it out of a plane.

Interesting factoid: this car is only roughly 12 inches longer than my old NB miata.

Simon_the_Pieman
(Post Master Sr)
03/05/13 09:09 PM
Re: copping a feel?

i like the car.
good kill.
enjoy and drive safe!

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
03/05/13 09:15 PM

what color?

4Three
(Post Master Sr)
03/05/13 09:21 PM

i was going to go with white, but every asian and their grandma has something in white. and i've done the black thing enough times. went with red.

355-Si
(Post Master Sr)
03/05/13 09:24 PM

favourite colour is favourite...

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
03/05/13 09:30 PM

Originally Posted By: 4Three
i was going to go with white, but every asian and their grandma has something in white. and i've done the black thing enough times. went with red.

a+. love them in red. good kill!

now do this:

or this

\:D

4age
(Post Master Sr)
03/05/13 09:58 PM

Oh man good job.
Brilliant car, and good fun.
The crappy skinny tires are a perfect match for that car. So fun as is. Rotation on demand! PS sell me your seats XD

JEFFOS
(Post Master Supreme)
03/05/13 10:00 PM

Congrats

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
03/05/13 10:08 PM

Great kill OP.

iamfob
(Post Master Supreme)
03/05/13 10:34 PM

Congrats!

Does the car runs on premium gas?

355-Si
(Post Master Sr)
03/05/13 10:39 PM

Pics or ban

4Three
(Post Master Sr)
03/05/13 10:39 PM

Thanks everyone. It's been a really long time since I've actually been excited about driving.

"She takes premium dude, PREMIUM!"

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
03/05/13 10:44 PM

nice pickup meng, fun car tho could use some pep...and redone interior lol.
otherwise, should be fun as hell.

4Three
(Post Master Sr)
03/05/13 10:50 PM

Here she is in the dealer underground.

the silly speedo. 0-100 is covered within a quarter circle.

tucked into the garage. snug up against the wall.

sales guy asked me if i wanted the front plate. i said that i thought it was a requirement in ontario, and he said it's not.

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
03/05/13 10:53 PM

Originally Posted By: 4Three
and he said it's not.
uhhh lol

and nice wheels.., training wheels

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
03/05/13 10:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Screamin Babies
fun car tho could use some pep...and redone interior lol.
dude please stop doing crack. its bad for you

4Three
(Post Master Sr)
03/05/13 10:54 PM

i got the upgraded sound system so it looks better than the base plastic toy looking thing. it actually has a touch screen. some of the interior does feel plasticky but my hands are usually planted on the wheel or the shifter so me no care. the seats are like "whoa!" the clock is straight out of the 80's. i thought it was an exact facsimile of the one from my ae86.

i shall name her Scarlett.

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
03/05/13 11:15 PM

Quote:
9. (3) The number plates for a motor vehicle, other than a motorcycle or a motor assisted bicycle, shall be attached to and exposed in a conspicuous position on the front and rear of the motor vehicle. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 628, s. 9 (3).

4Three
(Post Master Sr)
03/05/13 11:21 PM

thanks. i knew it was too good to be true. heck, i was pulled over for that in the miata. but this guy was so sure, i thought maybe the rules changed. ah well.

hyper-s2k
(Post Master Supreme)
03/06/13 12:38 AM

you started the thread wrong... should've been: "so i went out for milk, and ..."

congrats.

and there's nothing wrong w/ the azn white for a car. :p

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
03/06/13 06:35 AM

White is gay...

Wait never mind.

OP great car! It's about the only modern car that drives like it suppose to.

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
03/06/13 07:00 AM

Enjoy it. It's no Miata, but it's as good as it gets with a back seat and a roof.

spnx
(Post Master Sr)
03/06/13 07:34 AM

I approve. Strongly \:\)

Good kill.

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
03/06/13 07:42 AM

Very nice man, congrats!!

Huy009
(Post Master Sr)
03/06/13 07:43 AM

congrats buddy! awesome kill!

now rocket bunny STAT!

4Three
(Post Master Sr)
03/06/13 08:02 AM

that widebody is sick!

licence plate requirement level: confirmed! took my kid to school the long way and was promptly pulled over :P cop was nice enough tho. now to mount that fugger on. without drilling. anyone try zipties?

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
03/06/13 08:09 AM

Have the dealer do it, don't do zip ties, it will be ghetto and please don't put it in the grill or any type of offset variant either.

What did the car come out to all in?

Choco 'Nuck
(Post Master Supreme)
03/06/13 08:21 AM

Do not want, too much feel!

fatso
(Post Master)
03/06/13 08:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Risky Behavior
Have the dealer do it, don't do zip ties, it will be ghetto and please don't put it in the grill or any type of offset variant either.

Dealer is very likely to drill holes...

http://rhoplate.com/Products-Scion.html

I believe the num-nums at Nextmod sell them.

f22b-dohc
(Post Master Supreme)
03/06/13 08:47 AM

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
03/06/13 09:12 AM

zip ties hold my front plate on my civic. slightly crooked. perfect

4age
(Post Master Sr)
03/06/13 09:13 AM

I forgot what it was now, but IIRC, no holes needed to be drilled.
DVNLT does it the proper way. I see other dealers fudge it up and drill unnecessary holes. Go to them and ask/have them install the plate. That was one of the things I checked out when I test drove the car, because I either see ugly offset plates on FRS's, or plates mounted funny via drilling holes.

EDIT: I believe 2 holes were drilled in the grille. So your bumper will be hole free! They use a plate mount, so any hole drilled is covered by the plate mount anyway...and should you want a clean front end again (for future resale, or whatever), you only need a new grille insert.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
03/06/13 02:06 PM

please do not drill holes into that bumper. 4 zip ties will hold it on no problem in the middle of the grill. never trust dealership guys to put on the plate, it was the same deal as the nice gen TL, they would put two dirty big ass holes right in the bumper.

4age
(Post Master Sr)
03/06/13 02:46 PM

Yup.

Incase my madness was unclear, DVNLT doesn't drill the bumper. Just the grille.
You can't exactly ziptie a plate to the grille because the upper portion actually contains faux mesh...it's actually blocked off. So whether you zip tie it, or put a proper plate mount on it a la DVNLT, there will be drilling required *only in the grille/airdam/whatever that black thing is infront of the rad*

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
03/06/13 03:46 PM

bah forget it just do this

4Three
(Post Master Sr)
03/06/13 04:13 PM

had a look around the web for solutions. most non drilling solutions were the offset ones that mount in the tow hook hole. i don't mind the look, but paying $60 - $100 to relocated a plate seems too baller for me. one guy used zipties to mount the stock bracket onto the plastic grill. that's the route I'll take.

the car is a 'corporate car', so it's a lease. either way, i think it's near impossible to get any discount ... or maybe i just suck at price negotiation. whatever you get from scion's online calculator is what i'm paying.

took the kids for a spin in the back. the 4 year old -just- fits behind me with her car seat. luckily for her, i like to sit upright and close to the wheel. the 6 year old is ok in the booster.

The Postman
(Post Master Sr)
03/06/13 04:43 PM

When I got my Genesis, I specifically asked then not to mount the plate because they typically use the self tapping screws and ruin the bumper, When I picked the car up, sure enough, the plate was mounted with 4 ugly screws and the wrong mount anyway. It looked awful, so I refused delivery and made them replace the part of the bumper that was ruined.

Im now using the correct mount but zip-tied from underneath. I have a Grimmspeed plate relocator waiting for the spring.

Good kill on the car. Not my cup of tea, but they are still pretty nice.

Simon_the_Pieman
(Post Master Sr)
03/06/13 06:21 PM

pat's new car was at the autoshow this year.
i'll miss the AE86 but this will suffice, love the rims on dis bish

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
03/06/13 08:19 PM

What's the big deal about drilling holes into the front bumper? We need to have a front plate period. My car has holes drilled into the front bumper and I didn't cry...

If we lived in a province that didn't require a front plate I would be pissed if the dealer drilled my bumper.

The Postman
(Post Master Sr)
03/06/13 08:38 PM

In my case, it was the half-assed way they mounted it the first time. They used one of those dealership frames and just screwed it to the front bumper without using the correct plate mount that conforms to and fits the shape of the bumper correctly. It wasn't even on straight lol.

4age
(Post Master Sr)
03/06/13 09:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Hatorade
What's the big deal about drilling holes into the front bumper? We need to have a front plate period. My car has holes drilled into the front bumper and I didn't cry...

If we lived in a province that didn't require a front plate I would be pissed if the dealer drilled my bumper.

That's because your car is a hunk of junk and the FRS is a gift from the heavens.

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
03/06/13 09:58 PM

whats going on with these rambo transformer rice boxes?

SiZ
(Post Master Sr)
03/07/13 04:17 AM

I love them too, I wish they were like 5 years older already. \:\)

Plus, this was a hidden milk thread, and that's why I didn't click it earlier.

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
03/08/13 11:48 AM

speaking of copping a feel..........

http://www.citynews.ca/2013/03/08/former...mments-groping/