DoublePenner
(Post Master Supreme)
05/17/07 09:41 AM
Detroit Indy Grand Prix on Belle Isle Sept. 1-2. Whos going

I was happy to see Indy is returning to Belle Isle this year, after a while of not running there. I remember going when I was a little kid with my father and it was a blast. It's a really fun event, get to be on Belle Isle wander around go watch the race, go to the pits etc.etc.

Just giving anyone who is still alive on this forum a headsup in case you are interested. I'm probably going sunday, but I may be there saturday too.

http://www.indycar.com/schedule/index.php?event_id=66

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit_Indy_Grand_Prix

DoublePenner
(Post Master Supreme)
05/17/07 09:42 AM
Re: Detroit Indy Grand Prix on Belle Isle Sept. 1-2. Whos going

Oh and I know it's super early to post this considering it's only May, but with the speed of which topics move on this forum, it'll be on the front page for the next 3 and half years.

hah

99 SI AutoXer
(Post Master Jr)
05/17/07 06:14 PM

Sweet, good to see that they are having it back in Detroit again. I wanted to go to it a few years back but never was able to make it. I think I'm going to put a honest effort into going to it this year. Thanks for the heads up. Oh and yeah I'm sure this thread will still at the top of the board even in September....lol

DoublePenner
(Post Master Supreme)
08/29/07 03:42 PM

This weekend stupid hoes, I'm goin Sunday.

99 SI AutoXer
(Post Master Jr)
08/30/07 06:03 PM

I'll be there if I can get my married freind to go down with me. I definately want to check it out this year.

DoublePenner
(Post Master Supreme)
08/31/07 10:07 AM

Just some good info if you do plan on going.

Fans are being asked to use the 12,000-plus parking spaces in the Foxtown District parking structures and surface lots, which are clustered near the Fox Theatre, Comerica Park, Ford Field and the Detroit Opera House.

Tents and Grand Prix balloons will identify the shuttle locations, and shuttles will run 8 a.m.-9 p.m. Friday-Sunday. Cost is $5 a vehicle daily and round-trip shuttle tickets are $5 a person (kids age 12 and younger are free).

Downtown pickup and drop-off locations are:

Broadway and Witherell streets.

Clifford and Montcalm streets.

Montcalm Street and Woodward Avenue.

East Montcalm and John R streets.

Three suburban pickup and drop-off locations are available 9 a.m.-9 p.m. through Sunday.

The suburban locations are:

The Henry Ford in Dearborn ($5 daily parking fee).

Northland Center Mall in Southfield (free daily parking).

Eastland Center in Harper Woods (free daily parking).

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070830/REG/70830004

99 SI AutoXer
(Post Master Jr)
08/31/07 08:46 PM

Thanks for the info, good stuff to know. I think I'll be heading down on Sunday.