EmptyWallet
(Post Master Supreme)
11/14/07 06:02 PM
TxTag or NTTA toll tag?

The NTTA one seem to come with velcro backs on them so you can move them from vehicle to vehicle. I don't know anything about the TxTag ones.

Differences? Comments?

EmptyWallet
(Post Master Supreme)
11/14/07 06:54 PM
Re: TxTag or NTTA toll tag?

Got an NTTA one.

Panda Express
(Post Master Supreme)
11/14/07 07:35 PM

Do they work on the same roads and stuff? I've been wanting to get a toll tag for awhile.

EmptyWallet
(Post Master Supreme)
11/14/07 09:45 PM

From what I can gather, the NTTA TollTag works on ALL roads in Texas. The TxTag is the same, HOWEVER, it doesn't work at the airport like the TollTag brand tag does.

slowpoke
(Post Master Supreme)
11/15/07 08:22 AM

Originally Posted By: EmptyWallet
From what I can gather, the NTTA TollTag works on ALL roads in Texas. The TxTag is the same, HOWEVER, it doesn't work at the airport like the TollTag brand tag does.

exactly.

The ntta tag may come with velcro, but you cannot use it on a different car. You will get a ticket if you use your tag in another car. This might of changed but when i got my ntta tag i had to pay a 25$ deposit on the tag. Then it got stolen, =/ i was going to have to pay another 25 bucks to get a replacement tag.

The tx tag is free, but its a sticker, if something happens to your windsheild you might have to re-glue it or tape it back up (ask me how i know) i could order another one for free though.

I guess what it boils down to is, how often do you goto the airport and do you want to pay 25 to use the tag?

Tex07Si
(Newbie)
11/15/07 10:31 AM

As long as you use a credit card, there is no deposit. You can also use the NTTA website to add/remove vehicles that you want associated with the tag.

slowpoke
(Post Master Supreme)
11/15/07 11:07 AM

cool maybe they changed it.... its been like 6 years since i setup my ntta tag.

fuzzyduck
(Post Master Supreme)
11/15/07 12:22 PM

I have a tolltag and i just go in and put $50 on it every few months, can't remember if there was a deposit. Heck last time i put $50 on it was in June and the tag still makes the tower light up green when i drive through. So 5 months later! But i'm never around the tollway anymore. Once i move to Addison next week i am sure that will change!

NapalmAdministrator
(Post Master Supreme)
11/15/07 01:06 PM

I spend $17 / week on tolls. \:\(

slowpoke
(Post Master Supreme)
11/16/07 08:24 AM

i have it where it auto deducts... but i dont really care for that because i never know when its going to pull out 45 bucks.

EmptyWallet
(Post Master Supreme)
11/16/07 06:51 PM

Originally Posted By: slowpoke
cool maybe they changed it.... its been like 6 years since i setup my ntta tag.

I've used my buddies NTTA tag in my rental and it seemed to work fine. LOL, I guess I'll see when I turn the rental in. I can't find where you can make it auto-deduct on the NTTA website.

slowpoke
(Post Master Supreme)
11/16/07 08:28 PM

i have the tx tag.... but if i recall correctly you can have the ntta tag auto deduct too.

EmptyWallet
(Post Master Supreme)
11/17/07 07:48 AM

Weird. Maybe I'm just blind. I couldn't find that option on their homepage when I was setting everything up.

Tex07Si
(Newbie)
11/19/07 10:39 AM

Weird. Maybe I'm just blind. I couldn't find that option on their homepage when I was setting everything up.

If you set it up with a credit card, NTTA will automatically charge $40 to the card when the account balance drops below $10.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
11/19/07 10:48 AM

Screw tolls. I will do without

EmptyWallet
(Post Master Supreme)
11/19/07 06:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Tex07Si

If you set it up with a credit card, NTTA will automatically charge $40 to the card when the account balance drops below $10.

Oh sweet. Thanks!!