209_dup2
(Poster)
03/24/08 10:53 PM
greddy header problem (Fixed Yay)

i put in my greddy header it sounded like i had an exhaust leak were it connects to the cat,(makes a loud hizzing sound) but i checked it twise and no leak, but it also started to rattle in first gear i sounded like a ricer, so i took it to a muffler shop to check for leaks and he said it didnt have any, he even lifted the car and reved it an he said it was all good. So should i be hearing this noise, is it normal, does it go away? I used my oem doughnut gasket, that might be the problem right? maybe i need a new one or a different size for this header? but over all the car runs about normal no real loss of power just an anoying ass sound

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kIcZWuYncKA

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
03/25/08 01:40 AM
Re: greddy header problem (video inside)

sounds like your exhaust is hitting something...possibly the suspension?

that was cool (running over the camera).

....actually sounds like a heat shield vibrating against the exhaust...

strsi
(Post Master Jr)
03/25/08 02:23 AM

I can't notice anything in the video, but i'm sure its one of those things that need to be heard in real life.

From what a saw it looks fine installation wise. Yes, ur fine using the oem doughnut gasket on that header.

Try removing the heat shield from the cat, sometimes it rattles a bit.

209_dup2
(Poster)
03/25/08 03:53 PM

ive been paying more attention to the noise, i think its all rattle, so im going to do what strsi said take off the heat shield se what that does

Update: Well i fixed it, it was such a simple problem that i missed it all together, it was an exhaust leak were the pipe from the header conects to the cat, I guess the stock bolts werent letting it seal all the way so i got some other bolts and ta-ran problem fixed. Thanks guys for the help