Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#6968731 - 03/22/13 11:51 PM 6 week "strength series" led to a few PRs
CivicHarm Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: AZ
Have a nice fitness center at work which is staffed by a MediFit trainer who set up a 6 week strength series based around 4 lifts with a 5-5-3-3-1-1-1 routine. Lifts were deadlift, back squat, front squat and standing overhead press with 3 workouts in a week.

My stats are 5'7" @ 135lbs and 11% bodyfat. End of the series I weighed in at 140lbs with a 10% bodyfat. I slacked on the protein, tho I did my best to have a post workout shake and before bed.
  • Deadlift: 225 vs 225 - Not retested this one yet, hoping for 250
  • Overhead Press: 115 vs 135 - Met my goal here as I really wanted to see 45lb plates on the bar.
  • Back Squat: 185 vs 210 - I was really disappointed in my starting weight and would have preferred 225 after
  • Front Squat: 115 vs 185 - Huge change here as I went from the traditional grip to holding the bar with my arms crossed due to a nasty pain in my left wrist

Thanks to 2 inguinal hernias on the same side I was warned by the last doctor, who did the repair, to not lift anything heavy again. When I asked what heavy was he said 25lbs. I've done my best to follow his request by sticking mainly with body weight exercises with some light dumbbell or medicine ball work.

But I really wanted to try the strength series and I am glad I did. It felt good to lift, for me, heavy again. I know down the road the hernia repair will fail again I am just happy it did not during the past 6 weeks.

#6968737 - 03/22/13 11:59 PM Re: 6 week "strength series" led to a few PRs [Re: CivicHarm]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Jayhawk Country
Grats!
#6970040 - 03/24/13 01:38 PM Re: 6 week "strength series" led to a few PRs [Re: Silock]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
very nice. congrats.
I put up 70lbs dumbbells for shoulder press....Ive been doing it for like 5 weeks. It was something I never did (mainly due to all the swimming I was doing)

#6970620 - 03/24/13 07:56 PM Re: 6 week "strength series" led to a few PRs [Re: Euphoricuck]
DieZel Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: 18th green
Nice gains but I'm dumbfounded how your deadlift did not improve at all over 6 weeks...
#6972582 - 03/25/13 07:42 PM Re: 6 week "strength series" led to a few PRs [Re: DieZel]
CivicHarm Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: AZ
 Originally Posted By: DieZel
Nice gains but I'm dumbfounded how your deadlift did not improve at all over 6 weeks...

You are right it did increase but retesting was last week and I did not have a chance to retest. In thinking on it I do not know why I did not post one of the weights from a workout during the 6 week series. I will check my log and update the thread.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Silock, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads