Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#7544071 - 02/08/14 09:05 PM Anyone mess with the Panasonic LX7 before?
NOT spotch... Offline
Post Master Supreme

Seems like a camera that offers decent IQ, image stabilization and a lens fast enough to not necessitate super high ISOs (and super high noise lol small sensors) when shooting still-ish subjects, and is small enough to fit/take anywhere. Thoughts?

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonic-lumix-dmc-lx7

Visit Sponsors! Help CSi !
#7544497 - 02/09/14 11:29 AM Re: Anyone mess with the Panasonic LX7 before? [Re: NOT spotch...]
flyEX #1 Offline
Man in the Box
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Down in a Hole
I haven't touched one, but it looks good on paper for shits and giggles. Biggest downsides for me: Too big for regular pants pockets and there's no wi-fi. The lens cap is a pain in the ass but amazon sells a $15 replacement that fixes it. No bulb mode or remote shutter release... but then you can set the shutter to take 4 minute long exposures.

$300 would probably be better invested in a lens but the camera does look like fun.

#7544790 - 02/09/14 03:42 PM Re: Anyone mess with the Panasonic LX7 before? [Re: flyEX #1]
tylerdurden Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Shyea, like I'm telling you
I just had a friend ask about what enthusiast compact to get, and I've seen the RX100 for $400 recently and told him to get that. Did a bit of research and I liked the big sensor advantage, plus it's really small, actually would get a little grip for it if I bought one. I had an S90 for a while that I really liked but eventually it grew some mold or some shit inside the lens and it wasn't worth fixing. Haven't really had the urge to replace it.
#7544813 - 02/09/14 03:59 PM Re: Anyone mess with the Panasonic LX7 before? [Re: tylerdurden]
NOT spotch... Offline
Post Master Supreme

Yeah, the rx100 is insane, I didn't know you could get them for $400. That's a little more than I wanted to spend (I've seen the lx7 for 230-250 on some flukey deals on and off) but it really does seem to be a great camera.

hrm.

#7545103 - 02/09/14 08:18 PM Re: Anyone mess with the Panasonic LX7 before? [Re: NOT spotch...]
tylerdurden Offline
Post Master Supreme

Saw it on Slickdeals, keeping an eye out to see if it comes up again. To be honest, it's not that much better, we're splitting hairs at a pixel peeping level. I loved my S90, if you opted for an S110 or whatever for half the price I don't think you'd be kicking yourself. I think the RX100 has an OLED display which suck balls. It's all relative, pluses and minuses.
#7561150 - 02/18/14 06:10 PM Re: Anyone mess with the Panasonic LX7 before? [Re: tylerdurden]
tylerdurden Offline
Post Master Supreme

Was setting up the new MBPR yesterday and was transferring all the photos from the S90 and the wife and I noticed how many photos we took with it when we had it, so she told me to get another pocket P&S, S120 will be here tomorrow. \:\)

For anyone who'd bust my chops on the S120, I decided against the RX based on the display and the fact that the $400 deal is long gone, they're closer to $600 now and the wife said she wanted it before the weekend for a big trip for her 35th, so there you go. S120 is $400 which is a bit overpriced but the better display and video features compared to the S110 seemed worth an extra $100. LX7 was just a bit more bulky than we wanted for this type of camera.

#7565090 - 02/20/14 01:48 PM Re: Anyone mess with the Panasonic LX7 before? [Re: tylerdurden]
NOT spotch... Offline
Post Master Supreme

I've seen a lot of good things about the s120, seems like a good idea. I'm still riding the fence/doing research but the s110 is on the list too.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  jsmonet, x, 2000SiRacer, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads