Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#9046944 - 06/02/17 09:55 AM Bad Tint Experience from Auto-Links
xza8 Offline
Sr Member

In the past, I've recommended John from Auto Links. I've been a customer of his for many, many years since he was a little shop. He fucked up the tint job on my Tesla but fortunately the dealer fixed his fuckup for free but I need to re-tint the small quarters. Went back to John assuming he'd do it complimentary since he fucked up but he charges me $50 because "I hope you know this is not a profitable project." Goes to show John cares about profit over customer service.

No one would guess a tint job go wrong but it did (on a $150K car, so I'd assume the repair job if not covered would've been costly). Think twice before going to John...

Didn't want to bore you guys with the details but essentially the window seal between the front quarter and the front window was not sealing properly after being tinted (frameless door system. There was a large gap between the windows after I drove off (significant wind noise gave it away). If the gap was there before, he should've mentioned it before touching the car. His assistant says its a common problem, so again, maybe bring it up??? He said he never touched the window seal but I wonder how did he slide the tint between he glass and the seal?

Regardless who's fault (car defect or John), I can't trust John anymore. Luckily it was only a $50 repair bill.

#9046950 - 06/02/17 10:00 AM Re: Bad Tint Experience from Auto-Links [Re: xza8]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
Sucks to hear.

I still always go to http://www.ejautotinting.com/ in maaaaakaaaaam

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9046978 - 06/02/17 10:19 AM Re: Bad Tint Experience from Auto-Links [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

stuff like the OP really irritates me as that's the mindset of 90% of small businesses out there. If you screw up, own it and move on.
#9047078 - 06/02/17 11:28 AM Re: Bad Tint Experience from Auto-Links [Re: Risky Business]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
Yup word of mouth is their best advertising yet they nickel and dime on shit like this?

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9047152 - 06/02/17 12:18 PM Re: Bad Tint Experience from Auto-Links [Re: Hatorade]
xza8 Offline
Sr Member

Originally Posted By: Hatorade
Yup word of mouth is their best advertising yet they nickel and dime on shit like this?

He's probably too big to care now.

#9047384 - 06/02/17 02:40 PM Re: Bad Tint Experience from Auto-Links [Re: Risky Business]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
 Originally Posted By: Risky Business
stuff like the OP really irritates me as that's the mindset of 90% of small businesses out there. If you screw up, own it and move on.

seriously. for me, my name is on everything i do. i don't care if it puts me in debt or loose money i'll do whatever to fix the problem...no handjobs doe.

#9047564 - 06/02/17 04:58 PM Re: Bad Tint Experience from Auto-Links [Re: titty sprinkles]
Cee_mon Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Barrie, Ontario
I tint cars, and I can tell you the more expensive of a car the more bullshit it is to tint. Most expensive cars have a double seal in behind the door to prevent wind noise. These sometime need to be taken out to tint the car, some break. Parts are not cheap for the car and even if 1 break they will probably lose money on doing the job. Sounds like he didnt want to pay for a lower seal. Did tesla ever tell you what exactly was wrong?

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads