Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#8862058 - 11/24/16 12:10 PM Looking at the world through c2k's eyes
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

So this toll road discussion has triggered/trolled just about everyone, I wanted to see what the Toronto Sun/c2k's take on it will be.

So much emotion, so much single issue voting, so much drama You can see all the outrage shared between the folks out in the smoking area as they discuss the article and swiftly move on to the second last page of this fine publication to analyze the sunshine girl where all worries wash away. Meet Brenda, 25, Oshawa native, likes face tattoos, bartender at the CROCROCK.

Quote:
Tory will no doubt use a bunch of words like “revenue tools” and “investment” designed to deflect from the real story

Quote:
A lot of folks were just getting by as it was, and then the province increased their bills. You can only nickel and dime a person so much until you break them.

Quote:
It took Tory two tries to become mayor. Don’t think former candidate Doug Ford doesn’t understand this. He’s licking his chops right now, gearing up for round two.

Quote:
The bank accounts of average people all over this city are about to go down because of a political decision. And that marks the beginning of the end for John Tory

#8862075 - 11/24/16 12:31 PM Re: Looking at the world through c2k's eyes [Re: Risky Business]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
L E L

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8862120 - 11/24/16 01:39 PM Re: Looking at the world through c2k's eyes [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
Here's my question, does Brenda have nice big boobs?

#8862375 - 11/25/16 06:45 AM Re: Looking at the world through c2k's eyes [Re: c2k]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

The 905 mayors are complaining because this is basically a Toronto tax on 905 drivers.

They're right! But that's not necessarily a bad thing. If the 905 drivers are causing most of the congestion in Toronto, then they probably should pay for those costs.

On the other hand, this may also backfire on Toronto. Maybe a heck of a lot less 905 people are going to spend their discretionary income in Toronto from now on. I know I'm not going to.

#8862398 - 11/25/16 07:54 AM Re: Looking at the world through c2k's eyes [Re: Just A Troll]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
Per Tory's own statistics, 40% of the traffic is 905'ers who "don't pay taxes in Toronto". What about the other 60%?

We all know Doug Ford is just itching to come in and campaign on a no tolls platform, so I don't really see this being implemented at all.

#8862418 - 11/25/16 09:15 AM Re: Looking at the world through c2k's eyes [Re: Just A Troll]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
Let's say the average person commuting from the 905 to 416 gets 500 toll charges per year. They're starting at $2 each time? How long before it goes to $3 or $4? I don't trust them to keep the revenue for transit only. It's just another cash cow for them.

I hate the argument from the city folk saying 905'ers should pay to use their roads. The province funds the TTC infrastructure and that only really functions in the city core. Maybe the province should stop funding that?

Upside is, maybe it encourages more car pooling?

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads