Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#7344850 - 10/18/13 07:37 PM Have you guys heard of these bikes?
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
So I get a flat today, had to go get a spare tube since I used my last one. I'm talking to my LBS owner, and he shows me pictures of his bike. It was 13 lbs

Anyway, it was from a company I'd never heard of

http://blacksmithcycle.com/shop/big-sale-bike-of-the-day-storck-fascenario-0-6-omfg-edition/

http://blacksmithcycle.com/shop/storck-bikes/storck-road-bikes/

#7344919 - 10/18/13 08:15 PM Re: Have you guys heard of these bikes? [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

Loc: toronto
Why not just grab this and build one for peanuts compared to that
Most cf frames are made in the same Chinese factory

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=370921100770

#7344928 - 10/18/13 08:18 PM Re: Have you guys heard of these bikes? [Re: zc911]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

^^ lol
#7344969 - 10/18/13 08:48 PM Re: Have you guys heard of these bikes? [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
 Originally Posted By: Chocolate Canuck
he shows me pictures of his bike. It was 13 lbs

That's a heavy picture.

#7344974 - 10/18/13 08:55 PM Re: Have you guys heard of these bikes? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T dot O dot, Canada
 Originally Posted By: ohio_82

That's a heavy picture.

'03 s2k - now @ 80,xxx km - a2a car
'08 535i - sold @ 149,421 km - cashed out just in time!
'08 impreza 2.5i - sold @ - 64,147 km - smh POS
'01 rav4 - killed @ 155,879 km - RIP old friend

"Driving in the snow is like sex. If you want to avoid accidents, abstinence is the best policy. If you're gonna take her for a spin, use protection." - Rick Mercer

#7344991 - 10/18/13 09:07 PM Re: Have you guys heard of these bikes? [Re: hyper-s2k]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Yes, Storck is one of the fringe high end brands.
At the high end level though, it's not the frame which produces such dramatically low weights, it's the build.

#7345037 - 10/18/13 09:40 PM Re: Have you guys heard of these bikes? [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

Loc: toronto
^^ lol
^^ lol

Seriously, tell me what the differences are that an amature would notice?

#7345071 - 10/18/13 10:08 PM Re: Have you guys heard of these bikes? [Re: zc911]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

An amateur would feel the performance difference of a high end bike.. Frame stiffness and responsiveness are definitely noticeable. Weight however is mostly irrelevant at the amateur level.

#7345124 - 10/19/13 12:12 AM Re: Have you guys heard of these bikes? [Re: 355-Si]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
Same with car parts. A lot come out of chinar but then boxed elsewhere.

There is quality coming out of China...depends

#7345148 - 10/19/13 01:16 AM Re: Have you guys heard of these bikes? [Re: Euphoricuck]
SiZ Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Longdon, Ontario
Insane. How fucking fast are people riding around on these things? In Toronto?

#7345154 - 10/19/13 01:54 AM Re: Have you guys heard of these bikes? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
 Originally Posted By: ohio_82

That's a heavy picture.

Yours can't be that far off that - mine is about 17lbs and you have better stuff on yours.

#7345170 - 10/19/13 05:44 AM Re: Have you guys heard of these bikes? [Re: JEFFOS]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Giant, the largest bike manufacturer in the world, makes all their bikes out of Taiwan. Even their top shelf TCR Advanced frames, which are pure quality.

I know my Trek is made in Wisconsin (their 5, 6 and 7 series frames all are) but anything below those is "designed in Wisconsin" built in Taiwan. This goes for their mountain bikes too.

#7345172 - 10/19/13 05:54 AM Re: Have you guys heard of these bikes? [Re: 355-Si]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

The Specialized frames are made in Taiwan too
#7345194 - 10/19/13 07:39 AM Re: Have you guys heard of these bikes? [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
fatredcircIe Offline
Jr Member

Loc: Pickering
Pinarello is made in china too.
#7345242 - 10/19/13 09:13 AM Re: Have you guys heard of these bikes? [Re: fatredcircIe]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Loc: North York, Ontario, Canada
Not even sure that Stork is that special.
They are just more rare here because they are a newer brand out of Europe.
Same with Focus, Cipollini, Cube et al. Heck, BMC only started getting big in north america within the past 8 years or so. They are "high end" in the sense that they make what Jason likes to call "top shelf bikes". But nearly every manufacturer does these days.

And FWIW, 13lbs is nothing "special". There are a lot of bike weight nerds out there striving for low numbers. In fact, there are 13lb aluminum bike builds out there. Why weight matters that much is beyond me XD But want to talk high end? See Baum. 8k for a FRAME.

XD XD XD XD

#7345258 - 10/19/13 09:45 AM Re: Have you guys heard of these bikes? [Re: 4age]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

So how would the Stork or Cipolini compare to a Cevel R5 or S5, or a specialized S-Works SL4
#7345291 - 10/19/13 10:44 AM Re: Have you guys heard of these bikes? [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

So how would the Stork or Cipolini compare to a Cevel R5 or S5, or a specialized S-Works SL4
who cares?

#7345314 - 10/19/13 11:08 AM Re: Have you guys heard of these bikes? [Re: 4age]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: 4age
They are "high end" in the sense that they make what Jason likes to call "top shelf bikes". But nearly every manufacturer does these days.

Absolutely. They all make top shelf bikes. I'm saying these particular brands are fringe because they're not in the Specialized, Giant, Trek, Cannondale , etc level of marketing.
Obviously in Europe it's different, but we're in North America where these would in fact be considered fringe brands.
The top shelf comment was directed more to the angle that these bikes are rarely, if ever built with low spec component.

Ps, wtf you doing on ClubSi while on vacation???

#7345334 - 10/19/13 11:26 AM Re: Have you guys heard of these bikes? [Re: Euphoricuck]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Euphoric
who cares?

I do, knowledge is a beautiful thing. If you are getting into something, you should learn all about it. Maybe thats why you still don't know the E46 M3 is a better drivers car

#7345801 - 10/19/13 08:47 PM Re: Have you guys heard of these bikes? [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

According to who? No one that's driven them...

Besides these aren't cars. You're powering these things on your own. Maybe when you can hold higher than 20km/h you could look into bikes like this

Not a single person I know competing at a proper level in this country pay any attention to boutique bs like this.

Work on your fitness and stop worrying or wasting time "learning" ...get out there and ride l. Your equipment is already Waaa a wayyyyyy beyond your skill level \:o oh damn. Hollllla

#7345936 - 10/19/13 10:55 PM Re: Have you guys heard of these bikes? [Re: Euphoricuck]
fatredcircIe Offline
Jr Member

Loc: Pickering
I take you're puny stork and run you over with my dream hipster fatbike.

22 lbs!

http://www.dirtragmag.com/webrag/interbike-first-look-borealis-yampa-carbon-fatbike

#7346038 - 10/20/13 12:44 AM Re: Have you guys heard of these bikes? [Re: fatredcircIe]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

^ O.O That is a sick bike.

I'd suspect that bikes at the "top level" all are going to be similar in stiffness and power transfer. All will feel similarly snappy. The differences will lie in how the bike handles--and that will be determined by the trail #'s and bb height.

If you look into the geo, you'll see a wide variance of trail and bb height -- but head and seat angles are generally similar. Both affect how quickly the bike responds to lean inputs, and how "stable" it can feel. I think with more ride time, you become more discerning with regards to what you prefer, and what feels good to you. By that alone, you'll weed out what bikes you like and what bikes you wont. So it becomes much less about brand/manufacturer, and more about the desired traits you seek.

For example, I prefer a higher bottom bracket. With the CG higher atop the bike, it becomes more responsive to lean inputs and is quicker to throw around when out of the saddle and hammering (which I do a lot!). I also like trail around 56 combined with a high bb. Just stuff I became accustomed to since riding track frames. A bike is much more flickable, and easy to throw around with less force required on the riders behalf. Others would deem such bikes to be twitchy and unstable feeling on decents, and prefer lower bb's and less trail.

Stiffness and aero is only one factor. The rest is handling AND fit--which I didn't even mention yet. As you dial in your fit and really get to know what position you can make power in/sustain + still be aero vs the extremes of each (ie: too much drop/aero but hampers ability to sustain high outputs). So stack height also is a factor. As well, the proportion of torso length to leg length in the rider will also determine the desired reach in a frame. "reach" in this case, is not "distance from saddle to handlebars". Reach is 2 fixed points in space: the horizontal distance between center of bb and center of head tube. Both stack and reach can not really be altered very much without affecting other things. So you'll be seeking frames with specific stacks and reach. For more reading on this, dig up an article by Dan Empfield he wrote something like 10 years ago for slow twitch. It's actually because of this guy that the bike industry started putting stack and reach on geo charts. But I happen to run an excel spread sheet and plug #'s in to determine that...because you can play with spacers, headsets and stem lengths/rise/drop to tune it a little.

No sense dwelling on these things now. It'll come with time (and unfortunately, money...as one needs to experiment). It took me more than a decade of constant fiddling to figure these things out. You may be faster, or you may take longer. Depends how much you ride, how OCD you are, and how much you will experiment and keep logs (as well as read up on fit and effects on handling due to geometric changes)...but eventually, you will know what works for *you*, your specific riding style, and your intended way of riding.

I don't even read bike reviews anymore...they're pretty meaningless because sadly, the "engine" for everyone is different. I'm not talking about power levels, I'm talking about riding style and how you will fit atop the machine. And I keep using the word "fit"--"fit" to me isn't "does the bike work for my body proportions". No--that's too simple. A bike is not a pair of shoes. It's "can the bike be dialed to meet exactly the way I ride, and put me in a position where I am familiar with (feel at home) and sustain long durations of high efforts in". I can ride a 51, 52, 54 and 56. They will all work differently for me, as they would for you. And a 54 in a Giant is going to be different from a 54 in a Cannondale not only in the position you can get, but also the handling. Same applies to any manufacturer. I guess that's why custom is so popular for some folks--because they haven't figured it out yet, and they have the means to rely on builders to figure it out on their behalf.

PS might come home with this XD

61mm bb drop and low stack height!!! ZOMG THAT IS PERFECT!

Edited by 4age (10/20/13 12:54 AM)

XD XD XD XD

#7346442 - 10/20/13 03:58 PM Re: Have you guys heard of these bikes? [Re: 4age]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

What I the heck. Longest post ever

same applies for beds...or running shoes etc. what works for you doesnt necessarily mean itll be great for me.

#7346497 - 10/20/13 04:59 PM Re: Have you guys heard of these bikes? [Re: Euphoricuck]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Omg internal routed cables aero wtf

#7346546 - 10/20/13 05:40 PM Re: Have you guys heard of these bikes? [Re: 355-Si]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

I still don't understand why 'handling' is important on a road bike. We ride straight for 99.99999999999999999999999999999% I can see 4age kind of caring if he is dodging between cars on Yonge and shit, but for a regular rider all you do is pedal straight, handling has no bearing on anything and is like the least important thing for any road bike. unless I missed the twisties doe
#7346554 - 10/20/13 05:45 PM Re: Have you guys heard of these bikes? [Re: Risky Business]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

If you do crits, for example, handling is very important. Also when riding track.

Handling is also important in technical descents or ascending switchbacks.

These among other things.

It's not like equating them to muscle cars of the 60s.

#7346560 - 10/20/13 05:54 PM Re: Have you guys heard of these bikes? [Re: Risky Business]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

for a sunday rider it doesnt mean much. if you get more serious as 355 alluded to..it is something that matters.

For OP his gear ALREADY far surpasses his skill and fitness level so this is just more fapping for no reason

its like buying phaseone iq camera to take selfies to post on fb.

#7346585 - 10/20/13 06:09 PM Re: Have you guys heard of these bikes? [Re: Risky Business]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: Яeesky Beeznuss
I still don't understand why 'handling' is important on a road bike. We ride straight for 99.99999999999999999999999999999% I can see 4age kind of caring if he is dodging between cars on Yonge and shit, but for a regular rider all you do is pedal straight, handling has no bearing on anything and is like the least important thing for any road bike. unless I missed the twisties doe

Handling also affects how the bike responds and reacts when out of the saddle and throwing it around. So in that case, it does matter even when going straight. And as you noted in your traffic example, it also determines how quickly it can change direction.

Just because our csi rides are flat and straight doesn't mean that all roadies go straight 99% of the time. Get on a real group ride (ie: more than 15 riders) and you will see that you will always be moving about, no matter how straight the road is. If you ever have a chance to ride a true track bike, you'll get a sense for what out of the saddle handling really can be like \:\)

355si - i said "might" come back home with XD debating. It's something not available here, but at the same time I don't need carbon nor ultegra nor aero nor 11 speed. Just pedal harder @.@

XD XD XD XD

#7346593 - 10/20/13 06:12 PM Re: Have you guys heard of these bikes? [Re: 4age]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Vas, come do the Centurion in 2014. Then you will apply the handling to your bike.

#7346620 - 10/20/13 06:30 PM Re: Have you guys heard of these bikes? [Re: 4age]
robbbby Offline
master electrician
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canada
HARDER PEDAL, HARDER BETTER XD XD @.@
HARDER BETTER
BETTER PEDAL XD XD XD

(*≧m≦*) (>_<) (,,#゚Д゚)
ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ o(>< )o o( ><)o
ヽ(≧Д≦)ノ (>д<) (;≧皿≦)
[○・`Д´・○] ヽ(#`Д´)ノ Σ(-`Д´-ノ;)ノ
(((p(>o<)q))) (/゚Д゚)/ (¬д¬。)
ヽ(#`Д´)ノ (¬、¬) (;¬_¬)
(;¬_¬) (;¬д¬) (≧σ≦)
o(-`д´- 。) ヽ(●-`Д´-)ノ (* ̄m ̄)
(´Д`) (; ̄Д ̄) (¬_¬)ノ
(#`д´)ノ (」゜ロ゜)」 Σ(▼□▼メ)
(━┳━ _ ━┳━) (┳◇┳) {{|└(>o< )┘|}}
\(@O@)/ (≧▼≦;) \(〇O〇)/
s(・`ヘ´・;)ゞ (▼へ▼メ) \(`O´θ/
θ\(;¬_¬) ヽ(`⌒´メ)ノ 凸(-0-メ)
凸(`△´+) 凸(`0´)凸 凸(`⌒´メ)凸
\(`0´)/ -`д´- (>人<)
щ(ಠ益ಠщ) (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ щ(ಥДಥщ)
o(≧o≦)o (⋋▂⋌) (◣_◢)
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ ( ಠ ಠ )
(¬▂¬) (¬_¬) ಥ⌣ಥ
ಠ_ಠ s(・`ヘ´・;) ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
ლಠ益ಠ)ლ 凸ಠ益ಠ)凸 ╭(๑¯д¯๑)╮
ಠ▃ಠ t(-_-t) ヽ(#゚Д゚)ノ┌┛
(҂⌣̀_⌣́) ͼ(ݓ_ݓ)ͽ (ಥ⌣ಥ)
(=^・ェ・^=) (=^‥^=) (=^・^=)
V(=^・ω・^=)v (=`ω´=) o(^・x・^)o
\(=^‥^)/’` ( =①ω①=) d(=^・ω・^=)b
(=TェT=) (=;ェ;=) ヽ(=^・ω・^=)丿
(=^・ω・^)y= (^-人-^) ヽ(^‥^=ゞ)
(^・ω・^ ) (=^-ω-^=) b(=^‥^=)o
(.=^・ェ・^=) (=´∇`=) ヾ(=゚・゚=)ノ
~(=^‥^)ノ ~(=^‥^)/ (=xェx=)
(=;ェ;=) (=`ェ´=) (^・o・^)ノ”
(^._.^)ノ └(=^‥^=)┐ =’①。①’=
ㅇㅅㅇ (・∀・) (^人^)

#7346639 - 10/20/13 06:41 PM Re: Have you guys heard of these bikes? [Re: robbbby]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

ಠ益ಠ

#7346660 - 10/20/13 06:58 PM Re: Have you guys heard of these bikes? [Re: Euphoricuck]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#7349294 - 10/22/13 08:54 AM Re: Have you guys heard of these bikes? [Re: Hatorade]
Kid Bro Sweets Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: GTA
what does XD mean? lol

"Without this thinking you would see, you would see numbers that you wouldn't believe in reverse."

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads