Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#8664766 - 05/20/16 07:21 AM Auto-setup recurring transactions with new CC info?
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
We're in 2016 ... have the banks taken on some automagic service to find/detect and update all 3rd-party RECURRING billings on your credit card to a new CC# / expiry? (I think I saw a commercial for a bank that'd do something similar if you transfer/open a new acct/CC with them, blah blah.)

Been working with a fucked up card (cracked along the stripe, guess it broke the antenna for tap, as that's not working anymore) ... and as it's about to expire, fucking RBC said they sent one a month ago, but I don't recall ever getting it.

Chip still works, guessing the stripe should still work.

Heading to the US today, and so I'm kinda fucked for a card. This RBC shit is retarded. (i.e. they can't send me a new card unless my current card is cancelled... \:\| )

#8664783 - 05/20/16 07:39 AM Re: Auto-setup recurring transactions with new CC info? [Re: furball]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
not sure. but everytime i get a new card i need to manually enter it for what ever i have recurring, be it online or call in. especially if i havent activated it, nothing should be going on it until then.

#8665102 - 05/20/16 11:36 AM Re: Auto-setup recurring transactions with new CC info? [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
I believe there's privacy issues with the bank updating your payment info which is stored/used by a third party vendor.
#8665338 - 05/20/16 02:16 PM Re: Auto-setup recurring transactions with new CC info? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
mine was fucked up and they just gave me a new one without my name on it at the branch.

they put some respekt on it and sent me a card in the mail with my name.

#8665592 - 05/20/16 04:46 PM Re: Auto-setup recurring transactions with new CC info? [Re: titty sprinkles]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: GTA
Never do auto payments, to much of a hassle to cancel, switch payment methods etc..
#8665780 - 05/20/16 08:12 PM Re: Auto-setup recurring transactions with new CC info? [Re: OracerO]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T dot O dot, Canada
 Originally Posted By: OracerO
Never do auto payments, to much of a hassle to cancel, switch payment methods etc..

^ This. Its hell trying to get the company you're paying to reverse the transaction (it's like they fuck those up on purpose to screw you out of more money).

Don't think companies / banks can update any info online. It's your responsibility to do so (the payment action is your consent to continue to pay for whatever service you're paying for). CC issued by banks don't have the new expiry date and CVC info in their system.
'03 s2k - now @ 80,xxx km - a2a car
'08 535i - sold @ 149,421 km - cashed out just in time!
'08 impreza 2.5i - sold @ - 64,147 km - smh POS
'01 rav4 - killed @ 155,879 km - RIP old friend

"Driving in the snow is like sex. If you want to avoid accidents, abstinence is the best policy. If you're gonna take her for a spin, use protection." - Rick Mercer

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads