Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#8282177 - 07/08/15 09:06 PM I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: GTA
It's finally time to put a ring on the g-unit.

F. I'm so mind blown.

Thoughts?

At least over 1 Carat. (maybe 1 - 1.3 or something)
I think a princess cut (not sure got my double agents confirming the cut)

Budget? 4000-8k.

Where did you guys get your rocks from?
Did you go local? online store?
how about trusting the jeweler? GIA? blood?

Share me your experience and stories

Edited by OracerO (07/08/15 09:12 PM)

#8282180 - 07/08/15 09:08 PM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: OracerO]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
i can't remember where but all i remember is the lady had really big boobs.

#worthlesspost & congrats!

Edited by titty sprinkles (07/08/15 09:09 PM)

#8282190 - 07/08/15 09:16 PM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: OracerO]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
lol, congrats and good luck ;\) \:D

everyone "knows a guy or has a place" for rings, honestly it all comes down to what suits your needs best. don't go retail that's just silly, always wholesale.

checking bluenile.com and .ca to play around and get an idea/taste of what's out there and what you can expect to pay for something decent (you can't compare .com's pricing to ours here though).

i used http://kestanejewellery.com/ at warden/hwy. 7, John is one of the owners and he's awesome. i've send 3 buddies there and they're all pleased with what they got for the money. i also got quotes from some asian place (lol no) in markham and a jewish place on bathurst (shocker lulz), he knew his stuff of course but was pricier than kestane.

over 1 carat is nice and you should be able to get something in that price...but maybe towards the higher end of your price range you will get something WAY nicer than the bottom i believe (sorry it's been awhile lol) for something with very good specs.

i mean the nicer the cut and colour. you'll see the price jump quickly on the rock as these go higher. for clarrity you can have very slight or slight inclusions that's fine (very very slight isnt worth the extra cash)...you cant see shit unless it's under a scope so don't waste too much time on that. but man a smaller well cut diamond will sparkle amazingly over some bigger worse cut one with more inclusion that looks dull as fuck.

also, if you go bigger make sure you get a proper base (or whatever it's called) for it to sit in, don't cheap out there or else say byebye to the rock if the future wifey hits it someplace by accident.

i chose the usual princess cut but many ppl are doing 'oldskool' type of cut/designs lately. mine has smaller diamonds on each side to accent the main rock, these again you can choose how nice they are.

research what you can online but also speak to someone like John above (or whatever wholesaler you find) in the store, as it's true way to get a taste of what's out there. and SEEING the rock in front of you makes a huge difference. it did for me.

Edited by Screamin DC2R (07/08/15 09:22 PM)

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8282202 - 07/08/15 09:23 PM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
just get something on clearance, then the price will be equivelant to what the ring is actually appraised at.

Also why spend so much? If the g unit likes a $1000 ring why not get her that?

#8282209 - 07/08/15 09:35 PM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: loudsubz]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

I bought from http://www.jamesallen.com after months of research and cross shopping with Bluenile and the other big sites.

I spent good coin on it and I am a cheap fuck. No regrets.

Buy what you are comfortable spending, in the end it's just a little worthless diamond. If you want to really get educated go on pricescope.com

#8282369 - 07/09/15 06:04 AM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: Risky Business]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
Congraz! Good Luck!

#8282383 - 07/09/15 06:51 AM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: c2k]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
Congrats.
#8282404 - 07/09/15 07:17 AM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
You'll find deals on diamonds juuuuust under 100 points </CaptainObvious>

Last time I checked out pricing, it was Tiffany vs BlueNile, to educate and to get an idea. It's also cool when you bring in diamonds and they let you see the engraved serial numbers on the diamonds... (I actually have a couple 30x loupes lying around; the gf at the time went apeshit over it and kept using it...

Last I checked .... It was $14k for a 100 point diamond @ Tiffanys... can't remember if that included the platinum setting or not \:\| Yes, you're getting hosed @ Tiffanys...

Hope you had the chat with the g-unit; some girls just don't care for brand, or size... (One ex said she didn't care what size, even 30 points was fine, as long as it was Tiffanys ... I was like .. .um, wut. I bought her a necklace with more points than that....)

Consider what you'll be setting it in; if gold you can cheap out on the colour side of things.

I think there's also some kind of 'rock will never fall out of the setting' guarantee/insurance ... ?

#8282426 - 07/09/15 07:54 AM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: furball]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
I like estate jewelry, if I ever propose the gf, that's where I'm getting it. Love the older design and the history.

#8282470 - 07/09/15 08:36 AM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: LNXGUY]
TheRealCSnapper Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Canada
i know nothing about this except that all my friends went to that building at Yonge Dundas beside Hard Rock that houses many wholesale jewellers along with appraiser and shit. it's pretty much a one stop shop ran by the Russian mob...so they claim.
#8282560 - 07/09/15 09:25 AM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
87ZCSi Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Portland and Toronto
I'm with snapper. mine was from diamonds for less. Been to many stores and this was the best, most up front, best pricing, best experience. Guy wouldn't talk to me seriously unless I had been other places - presumably to ensure I was able to realize how different the experience would be. I saw it get mounted at a 3rd party place. Further, all pricing was from a matrix based on spec, not "we got this one a while ago" bullshit. It was all calculated, had nothing to do with a specific diamond and where it's from, how long they've had it, that someone else wants it, etc bullshit.
#8282689 - 07/09/15 10:04 AM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: TheRealCSnapper
i know nothing about this except that all my friends went to that building at Yonge Dundas beside Hard Rock that houses many wholesale jewellers along with appraiser and shit. it's pretty much a one stop shop ran by the Russian mob...so they claim.

This place is good, if I was buying local I would probably have gone with one of the vendors there, it was the first place I went. But like every other brick and mortar place they can't toich online retail pricing and with the exchange at the time I would've paid close to 3k more for the same speced GIA etched diamond.

#8282701 - 07/09/15 10:10 AM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
On another note, you'll never be able to buy from the Greeks at the moment... they're hoarding assets from diamonds, to fridges... \:\|

http://www.businessinsider.com/greek-life-during-euro-crisis-2015-7

#8282872 - 07/09/15 11:10 AM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: furball]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
Save your money op. Invest in China

#8282876 - 07/09/15 11:13 AM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: Euphoricuck]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Loc: North York, Ontario, Canada
I got a wholesaler.
Check PM

XD XD XD XD

#8282878 - 07/09/15 11:14 AM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

21 Dundas Square.

The one with the big brass doors? That's one of our clients, we do all the camera and access in that building.

#8282881 - 07/09/15 11:17 AM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: loudsubz]
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: loudsubz

21 Dundas Square.

The one with the big brass doors? That's one of our clients, we do all the camera and access in that building.

from what my buddies told me, i feel like they would have a gun pointing at you under the table like you're entering some sort of CIA dark facility (a la True Lies). Can you verify that? lol

#8282882 - 07/09/15 11:18 AM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: loudsubz]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Loc: North York, Ontario, Canada

21 Dundas Square.

+1 on this place.

XD XD XD XD

#8282890 - 07/09/15 11:22 AM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

21 Dundas Square.

from what my buddies told me, i feel like they would have a gun pointing at you under the table like you're entering some sort of CIA dark facility (a la True Lies). Can you verify that? lol

far from it, very inviting when you go inside.

they are doing a bunch of renos, it's looking good.

#8282923 - 07/09/15 11:54 AM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: loudsubz]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

Eventhough Im from the Hammer, her original ring is from that Russian place I think. I found it when she worked at the Hard Rock.

That was 10 years ago though. For our 10 year anny, I took her OG diamond and had it reset in a newer and much nicer ring.

#8283080 - 07/09/15 01:19 PM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: The Postman]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
I bought mine from a Portuguese guy that made them in his basement. Diamonds were certified and legit. Spent far less than what Blue Nile and other retail went for. Unfortunately I don't think he does that anymore. Good luck and congratulations!

#8283271 - 07/09/15 02:42 PM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

i got a canadian diamond. i remember it was cool because they etch a small maple leaf into it.

#8283277 - 07/09/15 02:44 PM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: titty sprinkles]
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles
i got a canadian diamond. i remember it was cool because they etch a small maple leaf into it.

that means it's "conflict" free right?

#8283289 - 07/09/15 02:49 PM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

i think so? i think it was mined in the yukon or some shit.

#8283305 - 07/09/15 02:56 PM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: titty sprinkles]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
 Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles
i think so? i think it was mined in the yukon or some shit.

euphoric actually owns that mine brah

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8283334 - 07/09/15 03:06 PM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

euphoric eats a piece of coal and shits out a diamond.

#8283562 - 07/09/15 04:22 PM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: titty sprinkles]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Poop diamonds.

#8283580 - 07/09/15 04:33 PM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: LNXGUY]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Yea iv'e been doing a ton of research.

I've heard good things about the 21 dundas place.

I know the argument with brick&mortor prices vs Online.

I'm already heavily vested in china.

i've heard some buddies tell me about finding a diamond wholesaler and picking out a rock, then getting it set somewhere else... ?? said the savings is good w/regards to the quality of the cut.

which brings me to why i'm asking you guys for advice. Since i'm quite late to this and you guys have some post-experience, would like to hear your matured opinion on this now hahaha ..

Honestly i want to spend like 5k ... on a 1.0 -1.1 ... or even small but clear as Fuk.

My girl doesn't care about this shit, but because she doesn't and does so much for me and my family, i don't mind.

#8283644 - 07/09/15 05:24 PM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: OracerO]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Quote:

My girl doesn't care about this shit

sounds good. Might as well save the money and buy some mods.

#8283648 - 07/09/15 05:34 PM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: OracerO]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: OracerO
Yea iv'e been doing a ton of research.

I've heard good things about the 21 dundas place.

I know the argument with brick&mortor prices vs Online.

I'm already heavily vested in china.

i've heard some buddies tell me about finding a diamond wholesaler and picking out a rock, then getting it set somewhere else... ?? said the savings is good w/regards to the quality of the cut.

which brings me to why i'm asking you guys for advice. Since i'm quite late to this and you guys have some post-experience, would like to hear your matured opinion on this now hahaha ..

Honestly i want to spend like 5k ... on a 1.0 -1.1 ... or even small but clear as Fuk.

My girl doesn't care about this shit, but because she doesn't and does so much for me and my family, i don't mind.

I could write an essay on the topic, but don't care to as it falls on deaf ears.

Clarity isn't that important, you are going with a rock on the "smaller" side by today's standards and a cheap cut (princess), clarity is the least of your worries. Get something that has the least amount of yellow possible.

The problem with estate sales/unverified diamonds is that the specs you are told you are buying are generally over estimated and you are buying a lower grade diamond at what you think is a deal. At the end of the day it doesn't matter, if it looks good, great, if not you are SOL. I've seen a few and most are subpar, hence why they are cheaper.

Not to say you MUST buy GIA/AGS certified, but i'd put my money into a rock that's not GIA certified via GIA estimator, aka 21 dundas square, but something that came straight out of the GIA labs. This post has the potential to turn into a pissing contest so I will stop here. If you give a fuck then pricescope.com to fully understand what you are getting into, otherwise hit up an estate sale/kijiji/whatever and it really comes down to your g unit being happy (and she will be) so if you can save some money, then I am all for it as the whole purchase and diamond industry is one big fucking scam to begin with.

#8283649 - 07/09/15 05:34 PM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: Euphoricuck]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: Euphoric
 Quote:

My girl doesn't care about this shit

sounds good. Might as well save the money and buy some mods.

It is a mod.
It's an expensive decal.

Edited by OracerO (07/09/15 05:34 PM)

#8283651 - 07/09/15 05:40 PM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: Risky Business]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
it really comes down to your g unit being happy (and she will be) so if you can save some money, then I am all for it as the whole purchase and diamond industry is one big fucking scam to begin with.
\:o real talk

#8283694 - 07/09/15 06:24 PM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: Euphoricuck]
Post Master Supreme

If she doesn't care, propose to her with a $6000 Chanel purse. Or whatever she cares about and give her a average ring for the symbol.
#8283846 - 07/09/15 09:30 PM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

^^^
The ring should be cheaper. @realsnapper

budget is 4-8k but i'm leaning towards the 4-5k range. Just gotta do my research.

Edited by OracerO (07/09/15 09:31 PM)

#8283891 - 07/09/15 10:21 PM Re: I think it's time. I know most of you are pro-stars at this [Re: OracerO]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Buy yourself a used Omega and get her a $1000 ring.

\:\)

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads