Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#115886 - 09/01/05 12:07 AM NOS advice
BobbyD527 Offline
Jr Poster

Loc: Florida
i have a b16a2 with just skunk2 exhaust. I am putting an aftermarket clutch in because mine is beginning to slip at redline i only have 42k miles on the car. While im putting the clutch in i wanted to get NOS put on as well. I am ordering J's style intake and im goign to be purchasing a header soon aswell

to make a long story short i wanted to know what i would need or is recommended also when getting NOS i was thinking single fogger with around a 75 jet but whatelse would i need fuel pump, something to retard the timing? some sort of ignition?

yes ive read the faq...my objective was to find out what type of products youve used or heard worked well...i am going to be putting the clutch in soon and wanted to have whatever i need for nos ordered and ready

Edited by BobbyD527 (09/01/05 12:09 AM)

Videos
#115887 - 09/06/05 06:35 PM Re: NOS advice
NickW Offline

Loc: Missouri
You'd probably be safer with a 50 shot, on the stock fuel system. Get some colder plugs (no platnium), a MSD digital window switch ($100 or so)and a Nitrous Express Wet kit. That set-up wil be fine with the stock fuel and ignition systems, but you'll want to pull some timing, like 2-4 degrees. I'm running this exact set-up on my civic and its doing fine. The plugs are burning a dark brown tan color which is good because its not running lean and not too rich.

Thats my advice and set-up which has worked for me for the past couple months problem free.

#115888 - 11/09/05 03:23 PM Re: NOS advice
Milano Red Si Offline
Jr Poster

Loc: Arkansas
how quick are you running with this setup?

#115889 - 01/12/06 06:16 PM Re: NOS advice
Sleeping_99_SI Offline

Loc: Washington, DC
I'm generalizing most 99-00 si run about 14.8 - 15.3 with 50-75 shot on street tires and a ok driver.
#115890 - 01/28/06 10:06 PM Re: NOS advice
EBP_Brent Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
You will be fine with a 65 shot no retard timing with a 75 shot retard one degree.
I would get a zex dry kit with hondata that makes it a wet kit and timing capabilities and other possible capabilities. I bought a wet zex kit. ran a 14.3 with street tires and stg2 clutch. ngk v-power plugs.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  civicsidude, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads