Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#5797689 - 09/12/11 04:26 PM Favorite EBC?`
MiataOwner Offline
FUCK YOU!
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Walking in Memphis...
My new (to me) Miata Mazdaspeed has some problems with spool from the factory; it seems they purposefully tried to keep it from spooling before 4K -- a shortfall that I'll be fixing. The factory intake is horribly blocked up; I've replaced it with a CARB-exempt AEM part. The stock recirc valve is known for leaking boost, so I'm replacing it with an aftermarket steel plunger type. These two are already enough to pull spool into the mid-3K range, but sooner would certainly be better. Keep in mind the stock turbo is tiny; it's an IHI RHF5 (ball bearing 393 unit.)

Beginning of next year it will get an ECU reflash to lean it out quite a bit on-boost, and fix some off-boost timing to help it get spooling sooner. The last obvious and easy part would be an EBC to keep that wastegate shut for as long as possible. Keep in mind that I'm not wanting MORE boost, just to get it going faster.

Since I'm in Commiefornia, any of the full ECU replacements are off the table. Thus, what I'm looking for EBC options that can piggyback on the stock ECU. I don't really need anything serious; I'll save the hardcore stuff for one of these days when I move outta here. The idea now is to keep it able to pass smog / visual (where feasible) and to get it spooling faster.

Videos
#5798798 - 09/13/11 01:07 AM Re: Favorite EBC?` [Re: MiataOwner]
SiAdam Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: West By God Virginia
I am currently using an AEM solendoid with my AEM EMS, but if thats not good, I used an HKS EBC on my last build. Worked well, easy to adjust, zero probelems, can be had fairly cheap from what I remember.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  M3Pilot or M3Driver, SiAdam, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads