Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#4633836 - 03/31/10 05:09 PM a few photo challenge ideas. your thoughts?
jsmonet Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: So. Cali
i was kicking around some stuff. first off, we need to do *something* with the theme "spring" soon, seeing how awesome the weather is all around the country (credit to my wife for that evil thought).

also, what do you guys think of a p/s-only contest some time soon? Chase Jarvis won't shut up about how it's not the camera, it's the photographer. perhaps a p/s contest will make this more accessible and encourage more creativity at the same time. TBE needs to submit, as he's done some pretty sweet stuff with his point and shoot.

thoughts? themes? Gb needs to sack up and get back to it

Visit Sponsors! Help CSi !
#4633860 - 03/31/10 05:26 PM Re: a few photo challenge ideas. your thoughts? [Re: jsmonet]
Sirbeefhead Offline
Clearly Stealing Corporate IP
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Massachusetts
great idea fo sho. The photo club I run at work (call it lame, fuck you), and we've had 12 themes so far ranging from Shadows, to the color Red to the most recent one Anthropomorphism. It's a good way to get you out and shooting.

I'm up for it!

#4634119 - 03/31/10 07:01 PM Re: a few photo challenge ideas. your thoughts? [Re: jsmonet]
2000SiRacer Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Colorado
I like the spring theme idea.

I dislike the P&S idea because I'd be unable to participate. My trusty Canon S400 finally bit the dust after 10 days in Trinidad & Tobago. I think this was a known issue involving heat and humidity. \:\(

#4634144 - 03/31/10 07:11 PM Re: a few photo challenge ideas. your thoughts? [Re: 2000SiRacer]
Sirbeefhead Offline
Post Master Supreme

have you tried drying it out in a bag of rice? put it in there for a week with some dry (uncooked) rice and then see if it comes back to life
#4634165 - 03/31/10 07:17 PM Re: a few photo challenge ideas. your thoughts? [Re: 2000SiRacer]
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: 2000SiRacer
I like the spring theme idea.

I dislike the P&S idea because I'd be unable to participate. My trusty Canon S400 finally bit the dust after 10 days in Trinidad & Tobago. I think this was a known issue involving heat and humidity. \:\(

buy another one ya rich muth...

and yeah, i'd have to steal my old ass elph back from my wife for it

#4634225 - 03/31/10 07:39 PM Re: a few photo challenge ideas. your thoughts? [Re: Sirbeefhead]
2000SiRacer Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Colorado
I don't think rice will do it. The thing turns on and even goes through the motions of taking a picture...but the resulting photo is a pink banded mess of sensor failure.

#4634622 - 03/31/10 09:50 PM Re: a few photo challenge ideas. your thoughts? [Re: 2000SiRacer]
BobBarker
Unregistered

I had my picture taken with Stevie Wonder a couple years back that a guy was working with had taken on his camera (he was in the pic, too). A once-in-a-lifetime shot, and I couldn't wait to show my family and friends. It was on his old Canon ELPH.

Well, next day he informs me that he lost the camera before uploading any pics.

Fast forward more than one year...

Camera is found in his neighbor's backyard. I guess he was there playing with his kids that evening and it slipped out of a pocket. Camera buried in mud...no chance of it working again, but damn if the pics weren't still on the SD card. I guess that would be expected by some of you's, but I was pretty flabbergasted.

#4634643 - 03/31/10 09:57 PM Re: a few photo challenge ideas. your thoughts? [Re: ]
Post Master Supreme

that's awesome \:D

#4634669 - 03/31/10 10:06 PM Re: a few photo challenge ideas. your thoughts? [Re: jsmonet]
BobBarker
Unregistered

hell yeah it was...I was pretty pissed about that!
#4634761 - 03/31/10 10:29 PM Re: a few photo challenge ideas. your thoughts? [Re: ]
Chadbrochills Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ocala, FL
I'm down for a p&s challenge.

I lost my SD550 2 years back when snowboarding in some powder. Damn thing fell out of my jacket pocket. It was the day after my b-day so all the pics from the previous few days were lost. I was so pissed!

Now I have a SD1100is and an underwater housing for it. \:\)

#4635243 - 04/01/10 07:27 AM Re: a few photo challenge ideas. your thoughts? [Re: Chadbrochills]
Sirbeefhead Offline
Post Master Supreme

can I use a film camera?
#4635291 - 04/01/10 07:55 AM Re: a few photo challenge ideas. your thoughts? [Re: Sirbeefhead]
PA2KFBPSI Offline
Post Master

I don't have a Point and Shoot camera as my son broke my coolpix 4300 in Feb.

I like the spring idea but what about a "teaching" contest. We could choose one theory or law of composition and build a contest around that. We could even try to break the rules.

We could use the rules and example photographs from The Photographers Eye by Michael Freemanand and Mastering Photographic Composition by Alain Briot.

We really could have multiple themed contests running at the same time. More contests and more deadline equals more pictures and activities. Hopefully, people find the work on CSI photo as inspirational as I do.

I was thinking about the sunset theme all day yesterday, I will try not to over do it this time.

#4635954 - 04/01/10 11:12 AM Re: a few photo challenge ideas. your thoughts? [Re: ]
Scargoes Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: High Dessert
The only things I have that resemble a point and shoot are my cell phone camera and my ChaseCam. My cell phone camera sucks ass, so if I can turn in a 3 minute video as a P&S picture, I'll start shooting with my ChaseCam
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  jsmonet, x, 2000SiRacer, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads